There are a ton of drinking games out there. These are the best drinking games. Some are safer than others. Some are more fun than others. But, they all promote drinking with your friends and having a good time and who doesn’t love that? Maybe your parents, but just be responsible.
Table of Contents
- Best Drinking Game: Beer Pong
- Never Have I Ever
- Flip Cup
- King’s Cup
Best Drinking Game: Beer Pong
Beer Pong is the most famous drinking game of all time. It’s definitely a classic. The rules are simple, each team has a triangle of cups set up across the table that they’re trying to throw or bounce a ping pong ball into. The cups are arranged like bowling pins and filled with the beverage of your choice (usually beer, hence the name). Each team gets two throws per round. If both are made, the team gets to throw again. If the ball reaches the cup in the air, that cup is taken out. If it reaches after a bounce, two cups are taken off the table. However, after a bounce, the opposing team can swat away the ping-pong ball. After cups have been taken off the table, you can ask for them to be rearranged, but you might get called a pussy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, and by the way, you can buy a beer pong table to really take it up a notch.
Never Have I Ever
Never have I ever is a fun verbal game that requires 0 physical skill or coordination. Anyone can play and the rules are really simple. Everyone gathers around and takes turns saying something they’ve never done. If you’ve done it, you have to take a drink. The game continues until you’re out of drinks.
Apparently, you can buy cards for this too.
Some people are really good at quarters and some just aren’t. For some reason, drunk me can still run the table when playing pool, but sober me has never been able to play quarters all that well. The game is pretty simple. You bounce a quarter into a cup. If it goes in, your opponent has to drink and you get to shoot again. If you miss, it becomes your opponent’s turn.
This game is usually played in teams, but in my opinion, it’s a lot more fun with the same amount of beer and 1 on 1. So, here’s how you play: Fill up a few cups with your drink of choice (again, usually beer) and when someone says go, you chug the first cup. Then you place it with a little bit hanging over the edge of the table and flip it. Repeat this until it lands and then drink the next cup. Keep drinking and flipping until one of you has drank every cup.
King’s Cup is the most complicated of all these games, but still not too hard to understand. You may need to keep a rules sheet with you (which this webpage will be perfect for, so maybe bookmark it). Basically, you need a lot of beer (or another low ABV drink). In the middle, you’ll have a large cup filled to the brim. Then, take a deck of cards and spread them evenly between each person, face down. Then start flipping them over in turns. Each card represents something different, as follows:
- Ace– Everyone drinks. When the person who drew the card stops drinking, the person to their left can stop or keep going. Everyone else can only stop after the person to their left has stopped.
- Two– You get to pick who drinks.
- Three– You get to drink.
- Four– All the ladies drink.
- Five– You play Never Have I Ever with everyone. Each person starts with 3 fingers up and the first to lose all their fingers, drinks.
- Six– All guys drink.
- Seven– Everyone raises their hand. The last one to do so drinks.
- Eight– You get to mate with someone. No, not in that way. You choose someone who every time you drink, they drink. Every time they drink, you drink.
- Nine– You pick a word that everyone has to rhyme with going around the circle. The first person that can’t think of a rhyme has to drink. By the way, sporange is a real word.
- Ten– You have to play the game categories and you pick the category.
- Jack– You come up with a rule that everyone has to abide by the whole game. If anyone is caught breaking a rule, they have to drink.
- Queen– You come up with a question and ask whoever you want. They have to rephrase the question back to you. Whoever can’t rephrase, drinks.
- King– The first three kings pour their drink into the cup in the middle. Whoever picks the fourth king has to drink the whole cup (and the rest of their drink).
Drinking games are a ton of fun and it’s hard to go to college without playing at least one. These are the 5 best drinking games for college students in my opinion, so if you don’t know them, I highly recommend trying them out. Or, if you want to just play a game drunk without any rules of when to drink, I recommend Cards Against Humanity– the game that’s hella fun sober and even better drunk. And if it was considered a drinking game, I think it would be one of the best drinking games for sure.