No, this is not going to be a post going over positions (start with missionary, though). If that’s what you’re looking for, try some light reading. In all seriousness, you have to be careful with what you do because you live in a hall with a bunch of other people. So here are the dos and don’ts of dorm room sex.
- Lock your door– You might be surprised by how many people just barge into your room if the door isn’t locked.
- Tell your roommate– When you’re getting lucky, you don’t want someone with keys barging in either. Every room in my hall had a whiteboard in front of it, so I had a codeword for my roommate to know I was busy. Come up with a system that works for you.
- Be passionate– Just because you’re in a dorm doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy it.
- Close your blinds– You don’t know who’s watching and if your partner is an exhibitionist.
- Use birth control– For the love of everything that is holy, not using at least one form of birth control is ridiculous unless you both want a kid. Your school’s health center will give condoms out for free if you can’t afford them. Or get them shipped for less than 20 cents each.
- Get consent– While it may seem weird to ask in the moment, it is the right thing to do.
- Scream– Or be loud in general. Yes, it makes sex more fun, but it sucks for everyone around you not getting some.
- Use your roommate’s bed– Yes, I know it’s on the Rice Purity Test but it’s a dick move asking for an ass-whooping.
- Do it in front of your roommate– Unless your roommate is invited to participate (hey, I don’t judge what you’re into), don’t do it while they’re in the room. The same goes for single-player mode. Even if they’re asleep.
- Break anything– If you’re getting some good sex, hats off to you. But if you break the bead, futon, mirror, etc. you’re gonna be screwed in more ways than one